If you are an employee in the South Bay (Long Beach, Carson, Gardena, Torrence, Hawthorne, etc.) with a wage claim, you can file your wage claim at the Long Beach district office of the California Labor Commissioner (also called the Long Beach Labor Board). The Long Beach Labor Commissioner accepts the following types of wage claims:
- Overtime wage claims
- Meal period (lunch break) wage claims
- Doubletime wage claims
- Minimum wage claims
- Rest period (rest break) wage claims
- Unpaid commissions wage claims
- Unpaid travel time wage claims
- Unpaid mileage wage claims
- Unreimbursed tool or uniforms expenses wage claims
- Unpaid vacation pay wage claims
If you are looking for the Long Beach Labor Commissioner, it’s office is located at:
300 Oceangate, Suite 302
Long Beach, CA 90802
The telephone number of the Long Beach Labor Board’s office is (562) 590-5048.
If, however, you are looking for an attorney for your wage claim, you can visit our contact page for the contact information for Strauss Law Group and Palay Law Firm.
Remember, you can be represented by an attorney in your Long Beach wage claim. You may need an experienced wage claim attorney to ensure that you can maximize your claim for unpaid wages, like unpaid overtime or unpaid commissions.
Common types of wage claims filed in Long Beach involve truckers paid as owner operators, which is commonly found to violate California law. Misclassified owner operators may bring claims for unpaid minimum wages, expense reimbursement, and meal and/or rest period violations. They can file their wage claim either with the Long Beach Labor Commissioner or in civil court. See the pros and cons of filing with the Labor Commissioner vs. in civil court.
"Strauss & Strauss represented me in several cases against a former employer. They were taking on a Fortune 500 company that employed some of the world's biggest law firms. Michael Strauss and Andrew Ellison beat them every time."Stephen Craig
- Ayala v. Terminix International, Inc.
- Bankwitz v. Ecolab Inc. - Territory Manager Overtime Lawsuit
- Bautista v. Alliance Environmental Group
- Berry v. DCOR, LLC
- Bognuda v. Great White Dental
- Campos v. Ecolab Inc. – California Route Sales Manager (RSM) Lawsuit