Aris Karakalos handles a wide variety of employment and civil litigation for Strauss & Strauss, APC, including claims for unpaid overtime, wage-and-hour class actions, wrongful termination, and unreimbursed business expenses.
Aris has handled a wide array of civil and appellate matters including administrative writs, writs of habeas corpus, family law issues, parole hearings, contract disputes, wrongful termination and immigration.
Aris graduated from the University of Arizona, School of Law in 2005, where he worked on the Arizona Journal of International and Corporate Law. During law school, Aris served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Roslyn O. Silver, who sits on the United States District Court for the District of Arizona. Prior to law school, Aris earned dual degrees in Economics and Art History from Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa.
Before joining Strauss & Strauss, APC, Aris worked as an associate attorney at Ferguson Case Orr Paterson LLP and Lascher & Lascher, where he specialized in appellate practice.
When not working, Aris enjoys basketball, volleyball, travel, backgammon, camping and anything having to do with the beach. Aris is fluent in Greek and proficient in Italian.
- J.D., University of Arizona, College of the Law, 2005
- B.A., Grinnell College, Economics and Art History (Double Major), 2001
- State Bar of California, 2005
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 2006
- Kin v. Holder, 595 F.3d 1050 (9th Cir. 2010), argued
- Laabs v. Southern Cal. Edison, 175 Cal. App. 4th 1260 (2009), argued
- Hearn v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., 279 F.Supp.2d 1096 (D. Ariz. 2003), co-authored
Professional Affiliations and Honors:
- Ventura County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Ventura County Barristers
- Citations (Editorial Board)