Employer Doesn’t Pay Earned Overtime

What should I do if my employer doesn’t pay me for my overtime wages?

If your employer doesn’t pay you for your earned overtime wages, you can file an overtime wage claim in California with the Labor Commissioner’s Office. You can also file an overtime wage claim lawsuit against your employer in court to receive your lost wages. In addition, if you no longer are employed with the employer who owes you lost overtime, you may file a claim for a waiting time penalty.


Jane is owed for overtime wages from her employer. Jane has tried to get her employer to pay her for the overtime that she worked, but her employer won’t pay her. Jane can file an overtime wage claim in CA to recover her lost overtime pay. If Jane no longer works for that employer, she can also make a claim for time she has been waiting for her overtime. In California, employees must be compensated for their overtime.

If you have a question about California overtime law file an or want to overtime wage claim, contact Strauss & Strauss APC now.

Related Posts
  • Misclassified as an Independent Contractor Read More
  • Unlicensed Trade School Teachers Non-Exempt Read More
  • Resident Apartment Manager Rent Credit Read More