California Class Action Attorneys
Experienced Class Action Representation
In many cases, employer misconduct is systemic and does not occur in isolation. If an employer is denying overtime pay to one employee, for example, there is a good chance that they are also refusing to provide legally mandated overtime wages to other employees. When violations of California Labor Law impact a large group of workers, the most efficient means of holding an employer may be a class-action lawsuit.
Our California class action lawyers at Strauss & Strauss, APC can assist you and your colleagues explore your legal options. We have handled cases involving denied overtime pay, denied meal periods, “off the clock” work, and many other systemic violations of labor law that impact multiple employees.
Schedule a free initial consultation with our team to learn whether your situation calls for class action. Call (805) 303-8115 or contact us online today!
When To Consider a Class-Action Lawsuit
Class actions are designed to address misconduct that impacts a large group of people. You must generally convince the court that it would be impractical to pursue a litany of individual lawsuits against a single employer for the same issue. You will typically need a considerable number of plaintiffs to successfully motion for a class action.
You may want to consider exploring a class action if you and your fellow employees are all experiencing similar and ongoing issues with your employer. For example, if everyone at a worksite is struggling to secure overtime pay, it may be more efficient to pursue a class-action lawsuit against the offending employer than file dozens or even hundreds of individual claims.
A class-action lawsuit may make sense if you and your colleagues are:
- Denied paid meal breaks
- Required to work “off the clock”
- Misclassified as independent contractors
- Denied overtime pay
- Denied reimbursement of qualifying work expenses
- Denied family and medical leave
- Paid below the minimum wage
Our Case Record
We exclusively represent employees in bringing class-action lawsuits and boast an excellent track record in recovering damages. Over the past decade, our accomplished team of California class action attorneys has recovered over $100 million for California employees.
Our currently pending and recently terminated class action cases include:
- Bankwitz v. Ecolab Inc. – Class-action lawsuit involving overtime pay
- Berry v. DCOR, LLC – Action for unpaid wages, penalties, and unreimbursed expenses
- Campos v. Ecolab Inc. – Class-action lawsuit involving California Route Sales Manager (RSM)
- Cooper v. Ecolab Inc.
- Duffy v. California Virtual Academy – Action for unreimbursed expenses and penalties
- Fritsch v. Swift Transportation – Class-action lawsuit involving yard hostler
- Heraux v. C & C Boats – Action for unpaid wages and penalties
- Hopes v. 1NW Contact, LLC – Action for unpaid wages, penalties, and unreimbursed expenses
- Icard v. Ecolab Inc.
- Jensen v. Secorp Industries – Class-action lawsuit involving offshore oil platform wages
- Ladore v. Ecolab Inc.
- Martino v. Ecolab Inc.
- May v. Quality Behavioral Outcomes
- Miner v. Ecolab Inc. – Class-action lawsuit involving revenue per hour (RPH)
- Monte v. Image Distribution Services (Fontis Solutions)
- Newell v. Ensign United States Drilling (California), Inc. – Class-action lawsuit involving unpaid wages and penalties
- Newton v. Parker Drilling Management Services, Ltd.
- Orozco v. Ardent Companies, Inc. – Class-action lawsuit involving offshore oil platform wages
- Pagel v. Dairy Farmers of America
- Pepio v. Renick Cadillac – Representative action for civil penalties
- Tinker v. Helios Media – Action for unpaid wages and penalties
- Torres v. Key Energy Services, LLC
- Van den Hende v. DPI Specialty Foods LLC
- Vivar v. Tallgrass Talent Group, LLC – Action for unpaid expenses and penalties
- Zavala v. Resource Staffing, Inc.
Our past class action cases include:
- Ayala v. Terminix International, Inc. – Action for unpaid overtime, denied meal periods, and related claims
- Bautista v. Alliance Environmental Group – Action for off-the-clock work and related claims
- Bognuda v. Great White Dental – Action for unpaid overtime and related claims
- Candete v. Cummins Transportation
- Derousseau v. Schlumberger Technology Corporation – Action for denied meal periods and related claims
- Dietz v. Ecolab Inc. – Action for denied meal periods, unpaid overtime, and related claims
- Gonzalez v. Key Energy
- Gutierrez v. Halliburton
- Henson v. Seares Valley Mineral Operations, Inc.
- Hiriarte v. Weatherford
- Howe v. BTC Labs, Inc.
- Kenton v. Paul Graham Drilling
- Levinson v. IBM
- Ortiz v. Elco Casing Specialties, Inc.
- Roberts v. Zale Delaware – Action for unpaid wages and penalties
- Roe v. Ecolab Inc. – Action for unpaid overtime, denied meal periods, and related claims
- Vasquez v. DCH Honda of Oxnard – Action for denied meal periods and related claims
If you have questions about Strauss & Strauss, APC’s participation in previous class actions, please feel free to contact us online or call (805) 303-8115.
“Strauss & Strauss represented me in several cases against a former employer. They were taking on a Fortune 500 company that employed some of the world's biggest law firms. Michael Strauss and Andrew Ellison beat them every time.”- Stephen Craig
Our Notable Class Action Cases
Ayala v. Terminix International, Inc.
Bankwitz v. Ecolab Inc. - Territory Manager Overtime Lawsuit
Bautista v. Alliance Environmental Group
Berry v. DCOR, LLC
Bognuda v. Great White Dental
Campos v. Ecolab Inc. – California Route Sales Manager (RSM) Lawsuit
Candete v. Cummins Transportation
Cooper v. Ecolab Inc.
Derousseau v. Schlumberger Technology Corporation
Dietz v. Ecolab Inc.
What Makes Strauss & Strauss APC Different
We Don't Give Up
If we don't get a favorable ruling the first time around, we work hard to appeal cases to ensure we do everything we can for your case.
We Exclusively Represent Employees
We fight on behalf of employees only and are not afraid of going up against the largest corporations in the country, if not the world.
We Think Outside of the Box
Our seasoned team of attorneys come up with innovative solutions unheard of in the past in order to advance their cases in court.
Over $100 Million Recovered
In the last decade, Strauss & Strauss APC has recovered over $100 million dollars for employees in California.