Verdicts And Decisions
Verdicts and Decisions in California
Recovering over $100 Million in Damages for Clients
Our lawyers at Strauss & Strauss, APC are committing to fighting for workers’ rights. We have assisted numerous Californians with wage claims, individual lawsuits, and class actions involving numerous types of workplace violations.
Our track record is exemplary: We have recovered over $100 million for our clients over the past decade alone. When you hire our firm to represent you in your employment law conflict, we will do everything possible to secure a positive outcome in your case.
Major Class Action Settlements and Other Court Victories in California
We have secured a wide range of favorable verdicts and decisions in California. These case results have led to clients recovering tens of thousands or even millions in judgments and penalties. In many cases, judgment awards also covered cover legal fees.
Our firm has secured lucrative judgments in numerous California class actions, including:
- $35 million overtime settlement, with over $162,000 in damages for each class member
- $29 million overtime settlement
- $21 million overtime settlement
Other successful cases include:
- Fighting for Workers’ Rights All the Way to the U.S. Supreme Court (Newton v. Parker Drilling Management Services, Ltd.)
- Federal Appellate Court Victory for Offshore Oil Platform Workers
- Labor Commissioner Award of $74,000 in Owner-Operator Misclassification Case (Villareal v. Central Freight Lines, Inc.)
- Judgment of Nearly $80,000 for Unpaid Overtime Obtained in Kern County (Davis v. Komoto Pharmacy, Inc.)
- Successful Upholding of $1.2 Million Fee Award in California Court of Appeal (Britto v. Zep, Inc.)
- Route Sales Managers Held To Be Non-Exempt from Overtime and Meal Periods (Ross v. Ecolab, Inc.)
- Numerous Awards for Trucker Owner-Operator Misclassifications
- $1.2 Million Judgment Obtained in Federal Jury Trial
- Summary Judgment Defeated in Ecolab Institutional Division Overtime Case
The results listed above were dependent on the facts of each case. Results will differ based on each case’s facts.
Hear What Our Clients Have to Say
"Strauss & Strauss represented me in several cases against a former employer. They were taking on a Fortune 500 company that employed some of the world's biggest law firms. Michael Strauss and Andrew Ellison beat them every time."Stephen Craig
We Don't Give UpIf we don't get a favorable ruling the first time around, we work hard to appeal cases to ensure we do everything we can for your case.
We Exclusively Represent Employees
We fight on behalf of employees only and are not afraid of going up against the largest corporations in the country, if not the world.
We Think Outside of the Box
Our seasoned team of attorneys come up with innovative solutions unheard of in the past in order to advance their cases in court.
Over $100 Million RecoveredIn the last decade, Strauss & Strauss APC has recovered over $100 million dollars for employees in California.