If you are an employee in or near Bakersfield, CA with a wage claim, you can file your wage claim at the Bakersfield office of the California Labor Commissioner. The Bakersfield Labor Commissioner accepts the following types of wage claims:
- Overtime wage claims
- Meal period (lunch break) wage claims
- Doubletime wage claims
- Minimum wage claims
- Rest period (rest break) wage claims
- Unpaid commissions wage claims
- Unpaid travel time wage claims
- Unpaid mileage wage claims
- Unreimbursed tool or uniforms expenses wage claims
- Unpaid vacation pay wage claims
If you are looking for the Bakersfield Labor Commissioner, it’s office is located at:
If, however, you are looking for an attorney for your wage claim, you can visit our contact page for the contact information for Strauss & Strauss, APC.
Remember, you can be represented by an attorney in your Bakersfield wage claim. You may need an experienced wage claim attorney to ensure that you can maximize your claim for unpaid wages, like unpaid overtime or unpaid commissions.
Common types of wage claims in Bakersfield involve employees in the oil industry who work on oil rigs. These individuals often are not allowed to leave their rig to take their lunch break. By law, non-exempt employees must be given a 30-minute, unpaid, off-duty meal period for every five hours they work. If not allowed to leave, these rig workers usually are entitled to one hour of pay for each missed lunch period. They can claim the unpaid hour of pay in a wage claim, either by filing with the Bakersfield Labor Commissioner or in civil court. See the pros and cons of filing with the Labor Commissioner vs. in civil court.
"Strauss & Strauss represented me in several cases against a former employer. They were taking on a Fortune 500 company that employed some of the world's biggest law firms. Michael Strauss and Andrew Ellison beat them every time."Stephen Craig
- Ayala v. Terminix International, Inc.
- Bankwitz v. Ecolab Inc. - Territory Manager Overtime Lawsuit
- Bautista v. Alliance Environmental Group
- Berry v. DCOR, LLC
- Bognuda v. Great White Dental
- Campos v. Ecolab Inc. – California Route Sales Manager (RSM) Lawsuit